My husband says these are the best peanut butter cookies he's ever had...including his mom's! The recipe originally came from www.crisco.com. I "made it my own" by using Smucker's Natural Creamy Peanut Butter(has to be stirred initially and stored in the refrigerator), butter flavored Crisco and whole wheat flour. Creamy vs chunky peanut butter is your choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add first 5 ingredients to large mixing bowl and beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2Add egg and mix just until combined.
- 3Add remaining ingredients and mix on low just until combined, scrape sides and bottom of bowl then mix on medium 30 more seconds or until all flour is combined. Do not overbeat.
- 4Scoop batter and form into roughly 1" balls. Place 2" apart on non-stick cookie sheet.
- 5Using the tines of a fork, flatten each ball slightly in a crisscross pattern.
- 6Bake 7-8 minutes in 375 degree oven.
- 7Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes before transferring to rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (897 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1316.3
- Calories from Fat 631
- Total Fat 70.1 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 91.7 mg
- Sodium 977.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 154.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 95.1 g
- Protein 28.3 g