Recipe by PorcelainDoll
I started calling these "Khakis" because this recipe comes out just like brownies, only no chocolate involved! Really fast and super easy recipe from Grandma. These are addictive- every time I make them for company they're gone in minutes!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt margarine and peanut butter on low or medium heat in a large saucepan, stirring so it doesn't burn.
- Once melted, remove from heat and mix in sugar and flour (object is to let pan cool a bit before adding the eggs).
- Add eggs and vanilla, stir. Texture will be goopy.
- Spread into greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until slightly browned and edges start to pull away from the pan. When in doubt, use a butter knife- if it's done, there won't be anything on the knife when you pull it out.