Recipe by Rollin in the Dough!
I can't say enough about this recipe, it is soooo good. The texture is almost like a brownie and the orange flavor is perfect! I don't remember where I got this recipe from but I am very grateful!!!!
Top Review by Lakme
What can I say??? I took a batch to a party and they disappeared. My second batch became the hit of the neighborhood - i had to give lots away as after one piece, they were way too tempting to keep in the house. Wonderful!! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Orange Bar Mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 lb powdered sugar, use 3/4 of the box (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, grated
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13x9" pan very well.
- Stir together flour, granulated sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Add butter, eggs, orange extract and orange zest.
- Using an electric mixer, beat until well blended.
- Pour batter into a prepared pan and bake for 30 min or until light golden brown and set.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Spread frosting over completely cooled bars.
- Orange Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip butter and cream cheese together with an electric mixer.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar until it is all combined and smooth.
- Beat in the orange zest and juice. I usually don't use all the frosting, just use as much as you like.
- Spread over bars.