1/1 Photo of Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Mommy Diva's Note:
Another delicious find watching Cook Yourself Thin. These lil gems have 116 calories each....MUCH better than your run of the mill cookies. :) Parchment paper is a great baking trick without any added calories that cooking sprays sometimes add. :) **Baking time is 17-20 minutes depending on the size of your cookies and your oven. ENJOY!! **As noticed by a reviewer, I failed to catch that the original recipe didnt mention when to add the raisins. Hopefully this is corrected satisfactorily -- I had to go watch the episode to see what they did! :) I believe the rum/whiskey should be absorbed by the raisins. If there is residual it is certainly at your discretion what to do with it - I would add it as it would lend to the flavor and only be a small amount. This is what it appeared they did, but was not clearly stated. :)
My Private Note
2 1/2 i ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons whiskey or 2 tablespoons rum
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup natural unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups oats (not instant)
- 1Set the oven rack in the middle position then preheat the oven to 350 degrees; Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- 2Sprinkle the whiskey or rum over the raisins in a bowl and let stand while you assemble the batter. (most of the liquid will be absorbed by the raisins).
- 3Beat the butter, applesauce, brown sugar, granulated sugar and salt using a handheld or standing mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, around 2 to 3 minutes. (be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl halfway through).
- 4Beat in the egg and egg white, milk and vanilla.
- 5In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and cinnamon, add to the batter, and beat just until the flour is absorbed then gently fold in the oats and raisins with a rubber scraper.
- 6Use 2 spoons or a small (mini ice cream scoop for portion control) to scoop out the batter by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets, 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake until the cookies are set but still soft in the centers and beginning to brown on the edges, 17 to 20 minutes.
- 7Let cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.1
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.9 mg
- Sodium 66.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 2.3 g