I came about this recipe online the other day, very crispy yet chewy too. nevertheless the recipe is too sweet, so i made a few changes here and there to give that special oomphh!!! since then everybody ask when i will do the next batch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups oats (non instant)
- 1 1/2 cups raisins (soaked for 10 min& drained. You can add rum for that extra flavor)
- 1Preheat the oven to 325⁰F.
- 2Whisk dry ingredients and set aside.
- 3Combine wet ingredients with a hand mixer on low.
- 4To cream, increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and the color lightens (10 min).
- 5Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until no flour is visible.
- 6Do not over mix, as over mixing develops the gluten, making a tough cookie.
- 7Now add the oats and raisins. Stir to incorporate.
- 8Fill cookie scoop with dough.
- 9Press against side of bowl, pulling up to level dough. or you can use two spoon to make into dough balls.
- 10Drop 2 inches apart onto baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- 11Bake approx 15 minutes (on centre rack), until golden, but moist beneath cracks on top.
- 12Remove from oven; let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.2
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 60.7 mg
- Sodium 124.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 5.7 g