Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I came about this recipe online the other day, very crispy yet chewy too. nevertheless the recipe is too sweet, so i made a few changes here and there to give that special oomphh!!! since then everybody ask when i will do the next batch.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups oats (non instant)
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins (soaked for 10 min& drained. You can add rum for that extra flavor)
- Preheat the oven to 325⁰F.
- Whisk dry ingredients and set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients with a hand mixer on low.
- To cream, increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and the color lightens (10 min).
- Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until no flour is visible.
- Do not over mix, as over mixing develops the gluten, making a tough cookie.
- Now add the oats and raisins. Stir to incorporate.
- Fill cookie scoop with dough.
- Press against side of bowl, pulling up to level dough. or you can use two spoon to make into dough balls.
- Drop 2 inches apart onto baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake approx 15 minutes (on centre rack), until golden, but moist beneath cracks on top.
- Remove from oven; let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool.
The kids loved the cookies. They also loved helping me make them. They were super moist and chewy just as directed. I used craisins instead of raisins and they were a big hit. Thanks so much for sharing. Prepared for PAC Fall/2008.