Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These bars tastes a lot like Oh Henry candy bars. A great holiday cookie, makes enough for a big crowd.
- Preheat oven to 350°; grease 15 1/2" by 10 1/2" jelly-roll pan.
- In microwave-safe large bowl heat butter in microwave oven on High until butter melts, stirring once.
- Stir in oats, sugar, and corn syrup until well combined.
- With fingers, press oat mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 23 minutes or until edges are set and center is slightly jiggly; cool completely on wire rack.
- In a 1-quart sauce pan , heat chocolate chips and peanut butter over low heat until chocolate is melts and mixture is smooth, stirring frequently.
- Spread chocolate mixture evenly over oat crust.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour or until chocolate is firm.
- Cut lengthwise into 4 strips, then cut each strip crosswise into 10 bars--40 bars.
- If bars are difficult to remove from pan; place pan on a very hot damp towel for a few minutes to warm slightly.
- Store bars in covered container, with wax paper between layers, in refrigerator up to 1 month or in freezer up to 3 months.
This was very easy to make, but it was difficult to remove from the pan. I made them for a family get together and they went quickly. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips, but next time I will use milk chocolate. Overall they were very yummy, good recipe!