Barb Gertz's Note:
These bars tastes a lot like Oh Henry candy bars. A great holiday cookie, makes enough for a big crowd.
My Private Note
Bar coo ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°; grease 15 1/2" by 10 1/2" jelly-roll pan.
- 2In microwave-safe large bowl heat butter in microwave oven on High until butter melts, stirring once.
- 3Stir in oats, sugar, and corn syrup until well combined.
- 4With fingers, press oat mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- 5Bake 20 to 23 minutes or until edges are set and center is slightly jiggly; cool completely on wire rack.
- 6In a 1-quart sauce pan , heat chocolate chips and peanut butter over low heat until chocolate is melts and mixture is smooth, stirring frequently.
- 7Spread chocolate mixture evenly over oat crust.
- 8Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour or until chocolate is firm.
- 9Cut lengthwise into 4 strips, then cut each strip crosswise into 10 bars--40 bars.
- 10If bars are difficult to remove from pan; place pan on a very hot damp towel for a few minutes to warm slightly.
- 11Store bars in covered container, with wax paper between layers, in refrigerator up to 1 month or in freezer up to 3 months.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.1
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 60.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 2.7 g