This is a modified version of the chewy oatmeal raisin cookies from Nick Malgieri's book, Perfect Light Desserts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Smart Balance light butter spread
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and set the rack on the lower and upper thirds of the oven.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, beat the Smart Balance and granulated sugar until smooth. Mix in the brown sugar, then the egg, egg white, applesauce, and vanilla.
- 4Stir in the dry ingredients, then the oats, walnuts and chocolate chips.
- 5Drop the batter by rounded teaspoons 2-inches apart on the baking sheets and use a fork to gently flatten the dough.
- 6Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes. Rotate baking sheets during baking for even heating.
- 7Storage: Once cool, store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (718 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.1
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 69.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 1.3 g