Spy Girl's Note:
Martha Stewart's recipe for truly chewy oatmeal cookies. You can sub raisins or any dried fruit you like. The details of this recipe (room temp butter, fluffing butter/sugar shaping of cookies, baking with soft center, and cooling process) are what give these cookies the perfect chewy texture, so follow precisely.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 11. In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda.
- 22. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla.
- 33. In the bowl of a mixer, using a paddle attachment, combine the room temperature butter with the sugars. Beat on medium speed until mixture is light and fluffy.
- 44. Set the mixer to low speed, and gradually add egg mixture to the sugar mixture- beat well.
- 55. Add flour mixture- beat just until combined.
- 66. Remove bowl. Stir in the oats and cranberries.
- 77. Cover and put dough in the refrigerator until firm, at least 2-3 hours. (Can be left longer.).
- 88. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a few baking sheets with parchment paper. If you only have one baking sheet, place extra dough back in refrigerator between bakings.
- 99. Shape pieces of dough into 2-tablespoon balls and place 3 inches apart on sheets.
- 1010. Press with the bottom of a glass to flatten dough into 2-inch-diameter.
- 1111. Bake until golden but still soft in center, 16 to 18 minutes, turning sheets halfway through for even baking.
- 1212. Remove from oven; transfer with parchment to a wire rack to cool. Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (656 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2474.9
- Calories from Fat 961
- Total Fat 106.8 g
- Saturated Fat 61.9 g
- Cholesterol 458.7 mg
- Sodium 1537.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 342.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.7 g
- Sugars 161.0 g
- Protein 40.5 g