We can't keep these in stock at my house! These cookies ship well and don't stick together in the cookie jar, yet are always soft and moist. I took the liberty of doubling the original recipe becasue that way I can use an entire box of brown sugar and not have to measure it. Special note: I make mine with Smart Balance shortening, and it changes the baking characteristics slightly. They spread less and cook faster. If you use Smart Balance shortening, take them out after 9 minutes. They might look a little raw, but they'll actually be done. I've also found that cookies baked on thin cookies sheets don't spread as much, and you can pack more of them on a sheet without trouble.
- Heat oven to 375.
- Line baking sheets with foil (That way you don't have to clean them!).
- Combine shortening, brown sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Beat until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and raisins.
- Mix into creamed mixture at low speed just til blended.
- Drop by rounded scoops 2" apart on baking sheet.
- Bake one sheet at a time for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets.
- Remove and put on rack to finish cooling.