1/1 Photo of Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
Kelly Vaughn's Note:
We can't keep these in stock at my house! These cookies ship well and don't stick together in the cookie jar, yet are always soft and moist. I took the liberty of doubling the original recipe becasue that way I can use an entire box of brown sugar and not have to measure it. Special note: I make mine with Smart Balance shortening, and it changes the baking characteristics slightly. They spread less and cook faster. If you use Smart Balance shortening, take them out after 9 minutes. They might look a little raw, but they'll actually be done. I've also found that cookies baked on thin cookies sheets don't spread as much, and you can pack more of them on a sheet without trouble.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375.
- 2Line baking sheets with foil (That way you don't have to clean them!).
- 3Combine shortening, brown sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- 4Beat until well blended.
- 5In a separate bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and raisins.
- 6Mix into creamed mixture at low speed just til blended.
- 7Drop by rounded scoops 2" apart on baking sheet.
- 8Bake one sheet at a time for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 9Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets.
- 10Remove and put on rack to finish cooling.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (2076 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.3
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 7.4 mg
- Sodium 67.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 2.1 g