Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
One of my favorite oatmeal cookie recipes, I sometimes like to use a mixture of butterscotch and chocolate baking chips --- these cookies are very good!
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 354.88 ml brown sugar, packed
- 9.85 ml maple extract (or use vanilla)
- 2 large eggs
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 3.69 ml salt
- 709.77 ml quick-cooking oats
- 354.88 ml butterscotch chips or 354.88 ml chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generoulsy grease cookie sheet/s.
- In a large bowl mix together the butter with brown sugar, maple extract and eggs; beat using an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy and no sugar granules remain (about 3 minutes).
- In a bowl combine the flour with baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and beat until just combined.
- Stir in the oats until combined (the batter will be thick).
- Mix in nuts or baking chips (if using).
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto greased cooking sheet spacing about 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden (do not overbake).
- Cool for 2-3 minutes then remove to rack to cool completely.