One of my favorite oatmeal cookie recipes, I sometimes like to use a mixture of butterscotch and chocolate baking chips --- these cookies are very good!
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generoulsy grease cookie sheet/s.
- In a large bowl mix together the butter with brown sugar, maple extract and eggs; beat using an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy and no sugar granules remain (about 3 minutes).
- In a bowl combine the flour with baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and beat until just combined.
- Stir in the oats until combined (the batter will be thick).
- Mix in nuts or baking chips (if using).
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto greased cooking sheet spacing about 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden (do not overbake).
- Cool for 2-3 minutes then remove to rack to cool completely.
I've made the recipe twice now and it's a definate keeper. I baked the cookies for 8 minutes and they came out nice and chewy. Will definately make again. Thank you!
These cookies were chewy and very flavorful. Even my chocolate chip cookie loving husband liked them. Made for tag a thon. Thanks Kittencal. Bullwinkle