One of my favorite oatmeal cookie recipes, I sometimes like to use a mixture of butterscotch and chocolate baking chips --- these cookies are very good!
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generoulsy grease cookie sheet/s.
- In a large bowl mix together the butter with brown sugar, maple extract and eggs; beat using an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy and no sugar granules remain (about 3 minutes).
- In a bowl combine the flour with baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and beat until just combined.
- Stir in the oats until combined (the batter will be thick).
- Mix in nuts or baking chips (if using).
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto greased cooking sheet spacing about 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden (do not overbake).
- Cool for 2-3 minutes then remove to rack to cool completely.