Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Chewy Oatmeal Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons margarine or 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups natural oats
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour or 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup dried raisins
- 1 teaspoon natural sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 180-190° celsius.
- Melt butter in saucepan. toss in oats to toast gently about 9 minutes.
- Beat egg, sugar and syrup till foamy.
- Beat in milk and vanilla.
- Add flour, raisins and baking powder to cooled oats.
- Mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients with egg mixture and blend well.
- Drop good sized balls onto baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.