Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are a little different flavor from you regular oatmeal cookie as they have butterscotch pudding mix added to the batter, these cookies tend to stick to the pan so grease your pan generously, make certain that you have a large enough bowl there is a lot of batter to this recipe ------ not sure why so many members are having problems with this recipe, these cookies are wonderful!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butterscotch pudding mix (do not use instant pudding)
- 2 3⁄4 cups oats (do not use instant oats)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously grease a cookie/baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars for 2 minutes.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until light and creamy them beat in pudding mix until combined.
- In another bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix until combined.
- Mix in the oats until combined, then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls on to prepared cookie sheet leaving 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden around the edges.
- Let baking sheets cool between baking cookies.
I didn't have any problems that other people had, and while they weren't the greatest cookies ever, they are still quite good. I also did use quick oats, so that may be why they weren't fabulous.
These were not good at all. The cookies fell apart and the dough was runny and not at all like cc cookies are supposed to be. Won't make again. Sorry Kitten, but this one was a bomb!
Delcious cookies. Very soft and chewey. My dough was a little loose so I took Pam-I- Am's advice and let it sit for about 10 minutes. They turned out great! . I will make these often. Next time I will add cranberries and maybe white chocolate chips.Thanks Kitten for another winner.