This is a good all purpose oatmeal cookie recipe with the added benefit of that chocolate fix when you need it :) . It's not a large yield recipe, but doubles easily.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins (I use Raisinets to increase the chocolate fix idea in this recipe)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Beat the butter and sugar until mixed, then beat in the egg and the vanilla; continue to beat until smooth.
- 3Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- 4Stir in oatmeal, chips, and raisins.
- 5Drop by tablespoons onto lightly greased cookie sheets; use a fork to flatten cookies slightly.
- 6Bake about ten minutes, until golden and still moist.
- 7Cool on pans for one minute, then transfer to a rack to finish cooling.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Oatmeal Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (785 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.4
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 31.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 0.7 g