Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a good all purpose oatmeal cookie recipe with the added benefit of that chocolate fix when you need it :) . It's not a large yield recipe, but doubles easily.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins (I use Raisinets to increase the chocolate fix idea in this recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the butter and sugar until mixed, then beat in the egg and the vanilla; continue to beat until smooth.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in oatmeal, chips, and raisins.
- Drop by tablespoons onto lightly greased cookie sheets; use a fork to flatten cookies slightly.
- Bake about ten minutes, until golden and still moist.
- Cool on pans for one minute, then transfer to a rack to finish cooling.