Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I promised my daughter I could make yummy brownies WITHOUT a box mix! When I went looking for a recipe, I wanted "something" nutritionally "good" in the recipe. This is what we came up with. Its a chewy, chocolatey brownie you can dress up with nuts, chips, marshmallows or m&m's.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped or 1⁄2 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy or 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips or 1⁄2 cup marshmallows (you can use up to 1 cup of these combined if you want to be fancy) (optional)
- Combine sugar, eggs and vanilla with a fork.
- Combine dry ingredients (up to oats) in separate bowl.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together well with fork.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread batter evenly in a greased 8 x 8 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minututes.