Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
Another great recipe from the M&M website.
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups miniature M&M baking bits
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Cream together butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Then add oats, flour, baking soda and salt, mixing well.
- Stir in M&M'S Baking Bits.
- Drop by rounded tbsp 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes at 375, or until cookies are set.
- Do not overbake.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets then transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
I ended up adding a little baking powder, an extra egg and substituted 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips for some of the candies. Still wish they were a little more doughy. I would likely increase the vanilla and lessen the candy and oatmeal amounts in the future.
These were good! I did make some changes though as I feel the urge to lower the fat and sugar. I reduced the sugar bu using less than half cup brown sugar and less than half cup monk fruit in the raw. I also reduced the butter to one cup ( next time I will reduce further and replace with applesauce or pumpkin or Greek yogurt) I also used one cup whole wheat flour and half cup white. They were pretty good. Will make again.
These are nice. I like the flavor. Note for myself in future, I cut the recipe in 1/2 and ended up needing only a stly heaped 1/2 cup chocolate chips. I used mint choco chips, which is yummy. These are crisp outside and soft inside and for me, they kinda mounded. I did find the dough crumbly and hence, my extra 1/4 cups choco chips were left behind...that is how I know I didn't need them! Mini M&M's prob. would have stuck better. Will make again - thanks!