Recipe by ellie3763
i found this recipe on alpineberry's blog: http://alpineberry.blogspot.com/2006/08/nutella-cookies.html i must have made the cookies a lot smaller than her because i got twice as many! they ended up being about 2 1/2 inches in diameter. i made a few slight changes, but nothing substantial... Mm! delicious! i didn't use the hazelnuts because i didn't have any on hand, but they would add good texture i'm sure
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temp
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup toasted & skinned hazelnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside dry ingredients.
- Cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in Nutella and vanilla extract.
- Mix in egg.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips and hazelnuts.
- Refridgerate dough for about 15 minutes. Either drop small balls of dough or use hands to roll 1-inch diameter balls of dough and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes until the edges look set. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then remove to cooling racks.