Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is untried. Sounds simple though. I'm guessing at the size bars it makes at 24-36 depending on the size you cut the bars.
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 2 eggs or 2 egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- confectioners' sugar
- Melt butter in small baking pan over low heat. Beat eggs slightly.
- Combine sugar, flour, soda and nuts. Stir into beaten eggs and vanilla. Pour mixture over butter. Do not stir.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until center is set. Turn out of pan onto rack. Cut into squares and dust bottom with confectioners' sugar.
Has an unpleasant, mealy texture, and is soupy in the middle, even though it appears to be set. There are other, similar recipes that actually work.