My mother used to make these at Christmas every year. After dusting them with powdered sugar she would pipe N-O-E-L in green icing on the tops of each one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Melt the butter in a 7x11 inch baking dish, and tilt the pan to coat all of the sides; set aside.
- 2In a medium bowl, stir together the brown sugar, flour, and baking soda.
- 3Mix in the eggs and vanilla until smooth, then stir in the walnuts. Pour over the melted butter.
- 4Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown.
- 5Cool, then cut into squares, and dust with confectioners sugar.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Noels
Serving Size: 1 (537 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.8
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 26.8 mg
- Sodium 30.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 1.9 g