- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Melt the butter in a 7x11 inch baking dish, and tilt the pan to coat all of the sides; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the brown sugar, flour, and baking soda.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla until smooth, then stir in the walnuts. Pour over the melted butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown.
- Cool, then cut into squares, and dust with confectioners sugar.