Recipe by LilPinkieJ
These are nice bars that are a little different from the regular crispy treats. I like the nutty flavor and all the different textures in them. You could very easily frost them with some melted chocolate chips too.
Top Review by CoffeeB
You're right...this is a nice variation to the normal rice krispie treat. I did omit the coconut per families preference. A nice chewy bar that went together in no-time. Thanks for the idea!~ Made for PRMR.
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine marshmallows, honey, butter, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt together in a medium saucepan. Heat mixture over low heat, stirring constantly.
- In a 9x13 baking pan, combine oats, rice cereal, coconut and peanuts. Pour honey mixture over dry ingredients. Mix until thoroughly coated. Pack mixture firmly into pan. Cool and cut.