Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are nice bars that are a little different from the regular crispy treats. I like the nutty flavor and all the different textures in them. You could very easily frost them with some melted chocolate chips too.
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, chopped
- Combine marshmallows, honey, butter, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt together in a medium saucepan. Heat mixture over low heat, stirring constantly.
- In a 9x13 baking pan, combine oats, rice cereal, coconut and peanuts. Pour honey mixture over dry ingredients. Mix until thoroughly coated. Pack mixture firmly into pan. Cool and cut.
You're right...this is a nice variation to the normal rice krispie treat. I did omit the coconut per families preference. A nice chewy bar that went together in no-time. Thanks for the idea!~ Made for PRMR.