- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, honey, vanilla, salt, and peanut butter in a saucepan and heat, stirring to blend.
- Combine oats, rice cereal, coconut, and peanuts in an 8-by-8-inch baking pan.
- Pour honey mixture over dry ingredients, mixing until thoroughly coated.
- Pack firmly into pan and bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool and cut into 16 bars.
- Note: I have substituted chocolate chips for peanuts with good results.