Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
I got this recipe from a coworker after she brought it to an office party. These are like soft, chewy gingersnaps -- all the flavor without the "snap." The recipe can easily be halved, and heaping teaspoons of the spices enhance the flavor.
- 4.92 ml ground cloves
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml salt
- 19.71 ml baking soda
- 946.36 ml flour
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 354.88 ml butter, room temperature
- 118.29 ml molasses
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml sugar, if desired
- Mix the first six (dry) ingredients together.
- Beat the butter and sugar together.
- Add the molasses and eggs to the butter and sugar.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients until combined, but do not overmix!
- Chill the dough to make rolling the balls easier.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll the dough into balls about the size of a golf ball.
- Roll in the extra 1/2 cup of sugar, if desired.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 8 minutes. Do not overcook!
- Prep time includes chill time.