1 hr 38 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I got this recipe from a coworker after she brought it to an office party. These are like soft, chewy gingersnaps -- all the flavor without the "snap." The recipe can easily be halved, and heaping teaspoons of the spices enhance the flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the first six (dry) ingredients together.
- 2Beat the butter and sugar together.
- 3Add the molasses and eggs to the butter and sugar.
- 4Mix the wet and dry ingredients until combined, but do not overmix!
- 5Chill the dough to make rolling the balls easier.
- 6Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 7Roll the dough into balls about the size of a golf ball.
- 8Roll in the extra 1/2 cup of sugar, if desired.
- 9Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 8 minutes. Do not overcook!
- 10Prep time includes chill time.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Molasses Spice Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1541 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.6
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 27.6 mg
- Sodium 250.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 1.6 g