1/1 Photo of Chewy Molasses Spice Cookies
I found this recipe in "Good Housekeeping's Great Baking" When you read the ingredients you may wonder but they are GREAT. The different spices make a great cookie but not as sweet but excellent taste. The bowl was emptied quick during our party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml salt (I prefer ground sea salt)
- 1.23 ml fine ground pepper
- 0.59 ml ground cloves
- 0.59 ml ground mustard
- 118.29 ml butter (1 Stick) or 118.29 ml margarine, softened (1 Stick)
- 177.44 ml packed dark brown sugar
- 118.29 ml molasses (I prefer Dark)
- 1 large egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Stir all dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- 3In separate bowl with mixer at medium speed beat butter and brown sugar till smooth.Beat in molasses till smooth. Reduce speed to low beat in egg and vanilla.Beat in dry combined ingredients until combined. Occasionally scrapping with a rubber spatula.
- 4I roll dough into balls about thee size of a small walnut on an ungreased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. I prefer to use parchment paper for easier cleanup.
- 5Bake cookies 10-15 minutes until flattened and evenly browned. Cool on cookie sheet about 2 minutes. With wide spatula transfer to wire cooling racks to cool completely.
- 6Repeat with remaining dough.
- 7My wife likes to dip half the cooled cookie in chocolate to give it some added sweetness and dress them up.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Molasses Spice Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (764 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.9
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 82.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 0.8 g