Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
A family favorite with a twist.
Make and share this Chewy Molasses Sandwich Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons freshly grated orange peel
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine 1 cup of sugar and 3/4 cup of butter in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until well mixed. Add egg and molasses; continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture. Beat until well mixed.
- Place 1/4 cup of sugar in small bowl. Shape dough into 3/4 inch balls; roll balls in sugar. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until edges are set. Cool 1 minute; remove to cooling racks. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine all filling ingredients except milk in small bowl. Beat at low speed until well mixed. Continue beating; adding enough milk for desired filling consistency. Spread bottom-side of 1 cookie with about 1 rounded teaspoon of filling; top with another cookie, bottom-side down. Repeat with remaining cookies.