I love Andes mints and when I found a bag of their mint chips I knew I had to make something out of them! This is an original recipe using those chips for a soft and chewy cookie. Their mint-chocolate goodness would do well served with an after dinner coffee.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper for no clean-up (or use plain ungreased cookie sheets) and set aside.
- In large bowl or mixer, cream together shortening and both sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- In separate bowl sift together all the flour, salt and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir in baking chips.
- Using a 1-1/2 inch cookie scoop or a Tablespoon to drop cookies onto parchment paper lined sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 11 minutes.
- Cool on sheets for about 2 minutes then remove to wire racks to cool.
- Store in airtight container.