Recipe by s'kat
Posted by request. Hopefully, these will help you save a buck or two on your granola bar addiction!
Top Review by s'kat
It's funny how differntly we can each perceive a recipe! :) I found these to be very, very good... but almost too sweet. I followed the recipe exactly, but next time I think I'll begin cutting back the syrup by at least 1/4 cup. That said, there is nothing to compare to the taste of fresh granola, and I will indeed be trying these very soon!
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup bran flakes
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 (8 ounce) packagediced dried fruit
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups pure maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325F degrees.
- In 13 X 9" baking pan spread rolled oats.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 30 mins or until light golden brown.
- Stir in crisp rice cereal, bran flakes, almonds/nuts and sunflower seeds.
- Continue baking for 14 to 16 mins or until lightly toasted.
- Remove from oven; stir in raisins and dried fruit.
- In small bowl stir together butter and syrup; pour over cereal mixture.
- Stir to coat well.
- Continue baking, stirring occasionally, for 45 to 50 minutes or until mixture clumps together and is golden brown.
- Spread on waxed paper.
- Cool completely; break into pieces.