Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Posted by request. Hopefully, these will help you save a buck or two on your granola bar addiction!
Make and share this Chewy Maple Oat Clusters recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 325F degrees.
- In 13 X 9" baking pan spread rolled oats.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 30 mins or until light golden brown.
- Stir in crisp rice cereal, bran flakes, almonds/nuts and sunflower seeds.
- Continue baking for 14 to 16 mins or until lightly toasted.
- Remove from oven; stir in raisins and dried fruit.
- In small bowl stir together butter and syrup; pour over cereal mixture.
- Stir to coat well.
- Continue baking, stirring occasionally, for 45 to 50 minutes or until mixture clumps together and is golden brown.
- Spread on waxed paper.
- Cool completely; break into pieces.
It's funny how differntly we can each perceive a recipe! :) I found these to be very, very good... but almost too sweet. I followed the recipe exactly, but next time I think I'll begin cutting back the syrup by at least 1/4 cup. That said, there is nothing to compare to the taste of fresh granola, and I will indeed be trying these very soon!
I tried these out yesterday.My kids don't like all the different nuts and fruits so I used all chopped peanuts and double the amount of raisens. The batch turned out crunchy and alot of the sweetness seemed to bake out of the granola.So I melted a package of choc chips and spread on top.It seemed to do the trick because the kids were scarfing them down at snack time. I will definitely make these again but shorten the baking time and put the chips on top when they come out of the oven.