Recipe by littlebaker
This popcorn is so good. We have it for football games, when people come over and any other time we feel like having it, and its very simple.
Top Review by steff1045
Directions here are lacking a bit...Need some knowledge of cooking with sugar to successfully make this popcorn. As in, when heating the brown sugar cooking it until the crystals dissolve completely and it comes to a slow boil before adding in the salt/baking soda. Also, I subbed one bag of microwave popcorn for the 1/2 cup and it was the perfect amount, I also mixed in some toasted pecans and cinnamon sugar coated almonds. I will DEFINITELY make this again, delicious!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup popcorn
Directions See How It's Made
- Pop the popcorn kernels and put into a greased large bowl.
- Melt butter on medium heat in a medium size saucepan.
- Turn heat down to low, and add brown sugar, stir until blended together well.
- Making sure that the sugar does not burn turn the heat back up to medium, and add corn syrup. All the while stirring and making sure there is no sticking.
- Add the salt and baking soda. This will make the sugar double in size be careful not to let it go over the sides of the pot.
- Immediately pour onto popcorn.
- Stir until the caramel has covered popcorn completely.
- Transfer onto a cookie sheet with wax paper, and let cool.