Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This popcorn is so good. We have it for football games, when people come over and any other time we feel like having it, and its very simple.
- Pop the popcorn kernels and put into a greased large bowl.
- Melt butter on medium heat in a medium size saucepan.
- Turn heat down to low, and add brown sugar, stir until blended together well.
- Making sure that the sugar does not burn turn the heat back up to medium, and add corn syrup. All the while stirring and making sure there is no sticking.
- Add the salt and baking soda. This will make the sugar double in size be careful not to let it go over the sides of the pot.
- Immediately pour onto popcorn.
- Stir until the caramel has covered popcorn completely.
- Transfer onto a cookie sheet with wax paper, and let cool.
Quick, easy, delicous! My favorite kind of recipe. This makes a lot of gooey caramel for the amount of popcorn. You could easily double to amount and still have enough for light coverage, but as written it is sticky gloriousness. It's also nice lightly salted for sweet, salty goodness. Since I care about the size of my posterior, I will not be making this often, but it is definitely going into the permanent file.
Directions here are lacking a bit...Need some knowledge of cooking with sugar to successfully make this popcorn. As in, when heating the brown sugar cooking it until the crystals dissolve completely and it comes to a slow boil before adding in the salt/baking soda. Also, I subbed one bag of microwave popcorn for the 1/2 cup and it was the perfect amount, I also mixed in some toasted pecans and cinnamon sugar coated almonds. I will DEFINITELY make this again, delicious!
Very yummy and chewy-gooey! I added vanilla bean and about 2 tablespoons of caramel vodka, off the heat of course! Really satisfies a sweet tooth quick, which is perfect as I definitely have one. My favorite recipe for caramel corn so far. Thank you for sharing!!!