Trying to figure out what to do with all of those instant oatmeal individual packs? Now you can convert them into a yummy soft and chewy oatmeal cookie!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (or sub 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 tablespoon white vinegar)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 -7 packages of flavored instant oatmeal (I used 4 apple cinnamon and 3 maple brown sugar...Any kind will work!)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup nuts, raisins, cranberries (optional)
- 1Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a cookie sheet or use parchment paper.
- 3Using a electric mixer, cream together butter, shortening, and brown sugar until fluffy.
- 4Add eggs and continue mixing until mixture becomes creamy and light in color.
- 5Add buttermilk and mix well. (mixture with look a bit separated).
- 6Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder then stir into creamed mixture.
- 7Fold in oatmeal packs and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- 8Add nuts, raisins, or cranberries (optional).
- 9Spoon onto cookie sheet and bake for about 12-15 minuets or until golden brown around the edges.
- 10Let cool before serving.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Instant Oatmeal "pack" Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.3
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 51.7 mg
- Sodium 330.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: