Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
I was making popcorn balls w/candy corn and chocolate chip faces when I ran out of time on Halloween. Threw it all together and everyone actually liked it better! And the time factor is definitely a plus! Put it in a fun bowl and it just LOOKS like Halloween!
- 453.59 g butter (I've only used butter, don't know if margarine works)
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml light Karo syrup
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- orange food coloring (optional)
- popped popcorn
- 170.09 g traditional candy corn
- 170.09 g chocolate candy corn
- 170.09 g real chocolate chips
- any family favorite halloween candy
- In heavy medium pan melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in Karo and sugar until dissolved.
- Add food coloring to desired color. Darker is better. Bring to a boil. (The less it boils the chewier it will be but needs at least 2 minutes).
- While syrup is boiling, pop your popcorn. I make 1 full batch in my popcorn popper. (It can take about 2 batches in an air popper.you will have to adj to what you have).
- Put the popped popcorn in an over-sized bowl or roasting pan.
- Add your vanilla into the orange colored syrup and pour it over the popcorn, mixing quickly to coat every piece.
- Now add the candy corn and mix well.
- Let it cool a bit before adding the chocolate chips so they don't completely melt.
- Break up any big pieces in bite sizes and enjoy.
- Make another batch with the remaining candy since this one is now gone!