Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Makes for a nice after school snack
Make and share this Chewy Granola Squares recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2⁄3 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup almond butter
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, flour, baking soda and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Toss in apricots, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together sugar, syrup, almond butter, oil, egg whites and vanilla until smooth. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix until completely combined. Scoop mixture into a 9" x 13" baking dish coated with nonstick spray. Use an off-set spatula to evenly spread the mixture out. Scatter the top with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Bake until golden and firm to the touch, about 30 to 35 minutes. Remove and place on a wire rack to cool before cutting into squares.