Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chopped bits of Quaker Chewy Granola bars are incorporated into a flavorful peanut butter batter, formed into small balls, flattened into cookies and baked until firm.
- 4 (7/8 ounce) chewy granola bars
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Chop the Chewy Granola bars into small pieces and set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and peanut butter.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Mix well and add to the peanut mixture. Beat until incorporated. Fold in the chopped Chewy Granola bars. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until very firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place about 2 inches from each other on the baking sheets. Use a fork to flatten and make crosshatch marks on top. Bake until lightly browned around the edges, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on wire racks.