Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Granola bars are popular snacks. A great variety can be found in grocery stores for $0.30 or more per bar. Granola bars are easy to make. You can save about half the cost of store-bought ones by making your own.
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups dry oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup other dried fruit
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, oatmeal, and raisins.
- In a small pan, mix brown sugar and corn syrup.
- Heat and stir until boiling.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Pour over cereal mixture and mix well.
- Press firmly into a 9x13-inch pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cool and cut into 16 bars.
- Store in an airtight container.