1/11 Photos of Chewy Granola Bars
I "borrowed" this recipe from the kitchen at my college because I fell in love with these bars. They are so much better than store-bought, and you can add or subtract ingredients as you wish. They make a perfect on-the-go snack; a much healthier alternative to chips or cookies, especially for kids (Great for lunch boxes!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4-1/2 cup butter or 1/4-1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups crisp rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- raisins (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease or spray 9 x 13 pan.
- 2In large bowl, beat brown sugar, sugar, and butter until light and fluffy.
- 3Blend in honey, vanilla and egg.
- 4In separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- 5Add flour mixture gradually to sugar mixture and beat until combined.
- 6By hand, stir in almonds, chocolate chips and oats until well mixed.
- 7Press mixture firmly in bottom of greased pan, and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- 8Cool and cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Granola Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1017 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.9
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 19.2 mg
- Sodium 157.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 4.6 g