1/4 Photos of Chewy Granola Bars
I like these granola bars because they are chewy...not cakelike, not crunchy....nice and chewy. I've tried others, but my kids always ask for these. The recipe is from TOH.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package large marshmallows
- 2/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1In a large bowl, mix together the oats, rice cereal, chocolate chips, coconut, sunflowers, peanuts, raisins, wheat germ, and sesame seeds.
- 2In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the marshmallows, peanut butter, butter, corn syrup and vanilla.
- 3Microwave the marshmallow mixture at 70% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring often until well-blended.
- 4Quicky stir the dry ingredients in to the marshmallow mixture. You'll have to work quickly as the mix will get gooey fast.
- 5Spread into a greased 13-in. X 9-in. X 2-in. baking pan. To flatten the granola bars, I spray the BOTTOM of a second baking pan with cooking spray, nest this second pan on top of the pan with the mix and press down hard.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees F. for 15-20 minutes.
- 7Cool and cut into 24 bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Granola Bars
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.7
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 87.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 8.6 g