I like these granola bars because they are chewy...not cakelike, not crunchy....nice and chewy. I've tried others, but my kids always ask for these. The recipe is from TOH.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package large marshmallows
- 2⁄3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, rice cereal, chocolate chips, coconut, sunflowers, peanuts, raisins, wheat germ, and sesame seeds.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the marshmallows, peanut butter, butter, corn syrup and vanilla.
- Microwave the marshmallow mixture at 70% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring often until well-blended.
- Quicky stir the dry ingredients in to the marshmallow mixture. You'll have to work quickly as the mix will get gooey fast.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. X 9-in. X 2-in. baking pan. To flatten the granola bars, I spray the BOTTOM of a second baking pan with cooking spray, nest this second pan on top of the pan with the mix and press down hard.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool and cut into 24 bars.