1/1 Photo of Chewy Granola Bars
LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
The flavour of chocolate, raisins, nuts, oats, and cereal is enhanced with the addition of marshmallow, which makes these baked bars dense and ooey chewy good! Altered from Taste Of Home Jun/July 04.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 1/2 ounces marshmallows
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth natural works well)
- 1/8 cup margarine
- 1/8 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon toasted wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1Combine marshmallows, peanut butter, margarine, corn syrup, and vanilla in a micrvavable bowl.
- 2Microwave uncovered at 70% power for 30 seconds to 1 minute at a time, stirring often till blended.
- 3Stir in rest of ingredients.
- 4Spread in a greased 9x9" pan.
- 5Bake at 350F for 13-19 minutes or until set.
- 6Cool and cut into 16 bars; Delicious warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Granola Bars
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.6
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 47.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 4.2 g