Recipe by LaurieTX
My family loves this homemade granola. We sprinkle it on yogurt and cereal, put some in a small bowl and nibble on it, and you can also eat it like cereal with milk or soymilk on it. Vanilla soy is really good!
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds or 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups pecan pieces
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- In a large bowl combine oats, nuts, cinnamon and brown sugar. Mix with hands to blend together thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Mix with whisk until blended.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and mix with a large fork until all dry ingredients look coated.
- Pour mixture into an 11x15x2-inch sheet cake pan or 2 large sheet pans. A roaster or roasting pan will work just as well.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to ensure even browning.
- Remove from oven and place pan on a cooling rack.
- While hot, sprinkle raisins on top. Stir to spread raisins out with baked mixture.
- Let cool and store in an air tight container.