1 hr 15 mins
These cookies are what Christmas tastes like! This recipe makes a fairly big batch, which is perfect for sharing with friends and guests. If you like thick chewy cookies, it will make about 48. If you like them smaller or thin, it would be most practical to make a half batch, or you'll be cutting out cookies for the whole day! The prep time listed is approximate because the time involved is proportionate to the size of your cookies. You can also prepare the dough ahead of time, freeze it, then bake them later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place margarine in large mixing bowl; soften it in a microwave for a few seconds.
- 2Cream sugar and margarine; add molasses and water.
- 3Combine flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and allspice.
- 4Add to the mixing bowl; mix together.
- 5Let dough cool, covered, in freezer for at least one hour.
- 6Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 7Roll out dough; cut out with cookie cutters.
- 8If the cookies are thin, bake for 6 minutes.
- 9If cookies are thick, bake for 8 minutes.
- 10Cookies will appear slightly underbaked but that's what makes them taste so good and chewy!
- 11Cool cookies on a wire rack.
- 12These cookies stand their own without frosting, but if you want to frost them, mix a cup of powdered sugar with a little water to make frosting. Draw a few accent lines or dots on the cookies.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Gingerbread Molasses Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.6
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 64.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 1.3 g