Recipe by Gardening Girl
My mom's friend gave her a batch of these for her 84th birthday there were more than my mom could eat so she gave me some to take to work to share. I had so many requests for the recipe that I just knew they were special. So here it is. I would like to add that despite the review I have made these cookies many times without any problems. The reviewer did ask the community what might have gone wrong and it was decided that because she had used a stand mixer instead of hand mixing the result was a cake like batter. So it is important to note that hand mixing is the method that should be used.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup molasses
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup crystallized ginger, cut into small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and molasses.
- Mix together the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Add in the crystallized ginger.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls then roll in white sugar.
- Place onto a cookie sheet - do not flatten.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.