From Elinor Klivans's Big Fat Cookies
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2Sift the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves into a medium bowl and set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and brown sugar until smoothly blended, about 1 minute. Stop the mixer and scrape the sides of the bowl as needed during mixing.
- 4Add the egg and molasses and mix until blended and an even light brown color, about 1 minute. On low speed, add the flour mixture, mixing just to incorporate.
- 5Spread the granulated sugar on a large piece of wax or parchment paper.
- 6Roll ¼ cup of dough between the palms of your hands into a 2 inch ball, roll the ball in the sugar and place on one of the prepared baking sheets.
- 7Continue making cookies, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- 8Bake the cookies one sheet at a time until the tops feel firm, but they are still soft in the center and there are several large cracks on top, about 14 minutes.
- 9Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then use a wide metal spatula to transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Ginger Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (872 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.0
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 48.1 mg
- Sodium 276.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 3.0 g