Prep 3 hrs
Cook 12 mins
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- In large bowl; stir together sugar, oil, sweettened condensed milk and molasses.
- Whisk in eggs, one at a time.
- In another large bowl, stir together flour, ground ginger, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Slowly stir flour mixture into milk mixture; stir in ginger.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until chilled.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls; place on greased or parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown slightly.
- Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes to allow cookies to firm up slightly.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
Recipenut, These are fabulous ginger cookies! They were a great hit this weekend at camp. Saturday was nippy and cold and we had a lot of company. Rack after rack of these cookies disappeared as soon as they out of the oven. The sweetened consensed milk, three tablespoons of ground ginger and 3/4 c. crystallized ginger presented the only downside of this recipe..i.e. expense. However, I will be sure to make this recipe again for special occassions. Thanks for posting! Barb