Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided (6-ozs.)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 7 1⁄2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1⁄3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan, melt 3/4 cup chocolate chips and oil over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour into a large bowl; cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar.
- Add egg whites, corn syrup, water and vanilla, stir well.
- Combine the flour, 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt; stir into chocolate mixture until combined.
- Stir in the remaining chocolate chips.
- Dough will be very stiff.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes or until puffed and set.
- Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- Sprinkle cooled cookies with remaining confectioners' sugar.
I just wanted to comment on the (healthy!) part. These cookies are not even close to being healthy!! They contain refined flour and way too much sugar (corn syrup being the worst)!
these were a little work intensive, but well worth the effort. the entire batch was quickly devoured--kind of a melt in your mouth cookie. i did not add as many chocolate chips as was suggested, but beyond that followed the recipe to a t. thanks for the great cookies--this is a keeper.