1/4 Photos of Chewy Fruit & Oatmeal Bars
I've been looking for recipes to use up my copious quanities of oats in my cupboard and came across this one on the Quaker site. It's very good, easy to make, and very portable!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container low-fat vanilla yogurt or 1 (8 ounce) container plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 cups oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup diced dried mixed fruit or 1 cup raisins or 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1Heat oven to 350°F degrees.
- 2In large bowl, combine sugars, yogurt, egg whites, oil, milk, and vanilla; mix well.
- 3In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; mix well.
- 4Add to yogurt mixture; mix well.
- 5Stir in oats and fruit.
- 6Spread dough onto bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- 7Bake 28-32 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 8Cool completely on wire rack.
- 9Cut into bars.
- 10Store tightly covered.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Fruit & Oatmeal Bars
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.9
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 94.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried mixed fruit