Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delightfully easy no-bake granola recipe using dried fruit, nuts and rice cereal.
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup almonds or 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts
- 2⁄3 cup desiccated unsweetened coconut
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal (gluten free)
- 1⁄2 cup dried apples or 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup peach
- 1 1⁄3 cups ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- desiccated unsweetened coconut (garnish)
- Cut the apricots into small pieces and simmer in orange juice, along with cinnamon and orange peel for approximately five minutes or until soft and plump.
- First chop the 1/2 cup of almonds. Toast the chopped nuts and 2/3 cup coconut in oven or under grill, until slightly brown.
- Pour rice cereal, toasted coconut, ground almonds, light corn syrup, and the apricot mixture in a food processor goblet and mix well. You will need to stop the machine and scrap the sides of the bowl once or twice as the mixture is quite sticky.
- Turn mixture into a bowl and add chopped almonds, dried fruit. mix by hand until the mixture forms a large ball.
- Line a baking tray with foil or greaseproof paper and sprinkle with coconut. spread the mixture out, leveling the surface, and sprinkle with more coconut. Press down well, cut into 12 pieces then leave to dry out, preferably overnight, before storing in an airtight container (this allows the flavors to mix). If unrefrigerated use within a week.