Recipe by Ceezie
I haven't made these yet but they sound great. A suggestion that I read said cook possibly longer then 16-19 minutes. Recipe Source: Relish Mag
Top Review by ITRIEDIT
I tried it and it tastes great ... but they stuck to my paper and I buttered it as well. I won't make them again unless I can figure out the sticking problem -- but the taste was good. Thanks for posting.
- 1 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dutch process cocoa (made with alkali)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Mix together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Gradually add egg whites, stirring with a spoon until mixture forms a dough. (Mixture should be thick enough to form into balls; if not add more powdered sugar and cocoa). Add nuts; mix well.
- Form dough into 15 balls. Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake 16 to 19 minutes, until glossy and crackled. Cool completely.