Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great cookie recipe that uses Cinnamon Chips.
Make and share this Chewy Drizzled Cinnamon Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely ground walnuts or 1 cup pecans
Cinnamon Chip Drizzle
- 2⁄3 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons shortening (not butter or margarine)
- Beat butter and brown sugar in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Add egg and corn syrup; mix well.
- Place 1 cup cinnamon chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute at 50% power; stir. If necessary, microwave at 50% power in 15 second increments, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted when stirred.
- Stir melted chips into butter mixture.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to cinnamon chip mixture, beating just until blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Heat oven to 350* (300* convection oven).
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls (or #60 scoop); roll each ball into nuts, lightly pressing nuts into dough.
- Place dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. (Flatten cookies slightly if using convection oven.).
- Bake 8 minutes (5 minutes convection) or until edges are firm. Cool slightly; remove from sheets to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Prepare drizzle: Heat cinnamon chips and shortening in a medium microwave safe bowl. (Use same timing and heating method as above.).
- Drizzle evenly over cooled cookies.