Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
These chocolate chip cookies are great! It's hard to stop eating them! You can also drop them by rounded Tbsp, and bake about 10 minutes.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 3⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F for regular pans and 350° for dark pans.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, both sugars, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture. Beat well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in the middle of the oven about 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Do not overbake.
- Cool slightly.
- Remove from the cookie sheets and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Tip: Store cookies in an airtight container and add a piece of soft white bread or a slice of apple to keep cookies soft. Change the bread or apple every day or two.
- Cookies may also be frozen for longer storage. (Make sure they're tightly wrapped).
i just took these out of the oven and got a nice big glass of milk to go with one. they were amazing. mine took about 10 minutes beacuse they were still really raw at 8 but my oven is also a little tricky. these are so good, i am having a hard time not eating another. i willl use this recipe from now on. cripsy on the outisde, crunchy and chewy on the inside. my kind of cookie!
Tried this recipe today with my 3 year olds assistance it was very easy and came out just the way it said; chewy and delicious!! My better half refuses a hard cookie and I know he will love these!! My kids enjoyed them warm with a glass of cold milk to dunk them in!! Thanks again!! Will keep this recipe for sure!!
EXCELLENT!!! Love your recipe Meryl. I rounded them by TBSP and turned out great! I made these for our new neighbors and I'm sure they will enjoy them. I have tried many different cookie recipes and yours is a keeper in our family. BTW...I have a silver baking pan from Sam's Club and I spray a little oil to prevent cookies sticking.